Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Can a German club achieve Champions League glory

Can a German club achieve Champions League glory 30 Sep 2011 14:47 #1

This season there are 3 Bundesliga teams that qualified for the prestigious Champions League in the 2011/12 campaign. Within this article I will be talking about 2 of the 3 squads regarding their history in the European Cup, their star players, and I shall then go on to state whether each of the teams I mention have a chance of winning the Champions League, along with the best odds available.

First of all, I have to talk about is the 22 times Bundesliga champions, and 4 times UEFA European Cup winners Bayern Munich. Their extensive history is highly admirable, and I'm sure Munich's current manager – Jupp Heynckes – will be hoping for a Champions League trophy this season. Bayern Munich's best players include; their most prolific forward and German International Mario Gomez, their greatest asset in midfield and German international Bastian. Fans of German football betting should remember this.

Schwiensteiger, and their most prolific defender and captain Philip Lahm - who is also a German international. It's an absolute guarantee that Bayern will get far in the competition. Heynckes can at least hope for a place in the semi-final, if not the final. Bayern Munich's best odds to win the Champions League title are set at 9/1. People watching the Man United football bowling should pay attention.

The next team I shall talk about is the 7 times Bundesliga champions, and 1 time UEFA European Cup champions Borussia Dortmund. Dortmund are a highly skilled team, and are sure to cause problems for any opposition in the on going Champions League tournament. Borussia Dortmund's current manager – Jurgen Klopp – should be hoping for at least a quarterfinal place, or a semi final place.
With a great selection of players I shall pick out who I feel is their best attacker, midfield, and defender.

The productive German side's best attacker is most certainly Paraguayan international Lucas Barrios, their most important midfielder and Borussia's captain is Sebastian Kehl, and the most solid defender has to be Neven Subotic. Borussia Dortmund's best odds for the competition are set at odds of 51/1.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.12 seconds

About Bonus Betting

We're here to help you compare the best betting offers, odds, free bets and bonuses.

With strong competition between online bookmakers, it pays to play the field!

Safety and Security

All offers and sites featured at Bonus Betting have secure payment systems and are licensed and regulated in jurisdictions on the UK's 'Whitelist' for online betting sites.

Bet Responsibly

Online betting is best enjoyed in moderation. Never gamble with money you cannot afford to lose.

For advice and information on problem gambling, please visit Gamcare or Gamble Aware.

Over 18s only   GamCare    
© BonusBetting.co.uk 2014