Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: The Tie

The Tie 28 Feb 2011 11:34 #1

• Bad Penny
  • Beginner
Usual carnage on the exchanges caused by yesterday's tie. Of course, we should all know the rules by now, etc. But as someone who consistently argued for dead heat rules versus void, it's satisfying to know Betfair will be short many thousands of pounds of commission on what must have been one of the most heavily traded matches in recent history.

Meanwhile, Kieran Pollard going nuts against the Dutch as we speak... strike rate 311.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geofrey

Re: The Tie 28 Feb 2011 12:23 #2

• Bad Penny
  • Beginner
Yep, fabulous game. Huge swings in the prices - I'd have been severely gutted if I'd traded that!

Good to see the 50-over game fighting back, too....

Re: The Tie 28 Feb 2011 12:28 #3

• Bad Penny
  • Beginner
Oh, and the small matter of £36 million in bets voided...

Re: The Tie 28 Feb 2011 15:44 #4

This kind of thing always catches beginners out, although I think the most common unexpected problem is settling football matches on the score at 90 minutes in major competitions.

Another reason to always read the rules and double check everything before betting!

Re: The Tie 01 Mar 2011 11:46 #5

• Bad Penny
  • Beginner
Very much so. I would guess thinking that a football match that goes to extra time is settled on the final result, rather than the score at 90 minutes, is the biggest one. Other favourites include each way punts in horse racing when the field is reduced from eight or more to seven (bookmakers will pay on first two places only, exchanges will stick to the original quoted 'three' because of their logistics) and dead heat rules (settled on half your stake at returned price, not half the returned price).

Still hate the tie rule on exchanges though, as it goes against all betting/trading logic and is a sop to large-scale subcontinent wagers to bring it into line with their betting systems.

Re: The Tie 02 Mar 2011 18:32 #6

Does it mean that if there is a tie, you will lots your bet if bet for a winning on either side?

I am not very much used to sports betting. But I am getting more and more interested into it so I would love to learn more here on the betting rules before going to make an actual bet to avoid all possible rule surprises.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds

About Bonus Betting

We're here to help you compare the best betting offers, odds, free bets and bonuses.

With strong competition between online bookmakers, it pays to play the field!

Safety and Security

All offers and sites featured at Bonus Betting have secure payment systems and are licensed and regulated in jurisdictions on the UK's 'Whitelist' for online betting sites.

Bet Responsibly

Online betting is best enjoyed in moderation. Never gamble with money you cannot afford to lose.

For advice and information on problem gambling, please visit Gamcare or Gamble Aware.

Over 18s only   GamCare    
© BonusBetting.co.uk 2014