Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Cheltenham Gold Cup 2011 - Kauto Star - Denman - Imperial Commander et al

Cheltenham Gold Cup 2011 - Kauto Star - Denman - Imperial Commander et al 28 Feb 2011 22:06 #1

• antighmor
  • Beginner

It is undoubtedly the premier chasing event in the racing calendar, the one they all want to win.

In the past ten years the race has been won by many greats - Best Mate, Kauto Star and Denman are just a few. Imperial Commander opened his account last year and as I write he is favourite to defend that title.

Imperial Commander

This years race looks more open than any in recent years, this is outlined by the fact that the current favourite Imperial Commander is 4/1.

The commander will more than likely make a bold bid to retain his title. His comeback run this year was a nice success but he was prevented from running in the King George by injury. However recent reports claim that the champ is back in optimum condition for his title defence.

Kauto Star

The great Kauto Star bids to do the unthinkable, that is, retain his crown for a third time, having lost it twice. However, his run in the King George has dampened those hopes. He never travelled or jumped like he can and trailed in a well beaten third to Long Run. Many critics will say that Kauto's reign is over but for me, it is a brave man that writes off this horse. If he could win this race one last time, then I for one will be raising the roof!

Denman

'The Tank' Denman will be trying to win the race for a second time. He like his stable-mate KS has been written off to a certain extent, with most believing that he is not the horse he once was. He ran a very respectable race in the Hennessy though, finishing third whilst giving almost two stone to the high class winner Diamond Harry.

Long Run is arguably the horse with the momentum coming into the race. He won the King George in hugely impressive fashion, and with that performance he improved massively on any other effort he has put forward so far.

Other contenders:

Pandorama - A classy sort trained by Noel Meade - In my opinion could have won the Hennessy but for a race ending mistake early on.

Diamond Harry- Hennessy winner who needs to step up again if he is going to take the top prize off level weights

A fascinating contest in prospect, I am eagerly anticipating the battle royal which will take place on March 18th.

Read more...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds

About Bonus Betting

We're here to help you compare the best betting offers, odds, free bets and bonuses.

With strong competition between online bookmakers, it pays to play the field!

Safety and Security

All offers and sites featured at Bonus Betting have secure payment systems and are licensed and regulated in jurisdictions on the UK's 'Whitelist' for online betting sites.

Bet Responsibly

Online betting is best enjoyed in moderation. Never gamble with money you cannot afford to lose.

For advice and information on problem gambling, please visit Gamcare or Gamble Aware.

Over 18s only   GamCare    
© BonusBetting.co.uk 2014