Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: McIlroy Comes of age!

McIlroy Comes of age! 20 Jun 2011 20:47 #1

• antighmor
  • Beginner
What a weekend of golf that was. Rory McIlroy grabbed by US Open by the scruff of the neck on his opening hole, and didn't let go until he finished his 72nd.

It was a breathtaking display from the young master and one which finally will put him on the big stage. Most people knew that the major would happen at some stage but just not when and nobody could have predicted the fashion in which he got the job done.

From a betting perspective we may see McIlroy head towards the 'Woods Style' i.e. short priced favourite in any tournament he plays. It wasn't too long ago Tiger was starting tournaments in the 5/4, 7/4 and 9/4 price range and McIlroy may follow suit.

My suspicion is that McIlroy isn't as 'machine like' as Woods was though, and will pick and choose his tournaments a little more than Eldrick did.

The Open will be next on Rory's wish list and if he plays like last week, who can stop him??

Re: McIlroy Comes of age! 06 Jul 2011 05:56 #2

If he does it again, I'll be impressed. He's clearly the rising star, and now Woods is out of the picture for the foreseeable future, he has a chance to steal the top spot.

However, 6 to 1 is not enough for me to back him - his performance a few weeks ago was amazing but it's too soon to say if he can pull off that kind of golf consistently. I'm steering clear of this one.

Re: McIlroy Comes of age! 06 Jul 2011 13:51 #3

• BonusBetting
  • Administrator
  • BB Admin
Check out the Boylesports offer - they're paying 1/4 odds on 8 places for the British Open, so it might be worth a punt each way...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds

About Bonus Betting

We're here to help you compare the best betting offers, odds, free bets and bonuses.

With strong competition between online bookmakers, it pays to play the field!

Safety and Security

All offers and sites featured at Bonus Betting have secure payment systems and are licensed and regulated in jurisdictions on the UK's 'Whitelist' for online betting sites.

Bet Responsibly

Online betting is best enjoyed in moderation. Never gamble with money you cannot afford to lose.

For advice and information on problem gambling, please visit Gamcare or Gamble Aware.

Over 18s only   GamCare    
© BonusBetting.co.uk 2014