Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Toulon cut losses on Mason

Toulon cut losses on Mason 25 Apr 2012 13:44 #1

Toulon have decided to cut their losses on Willie Mason and have released the Australian dual-code ‘star’ from his year long stint in France.

The 32-year old had joined the Top 14 side after another nightmare spell at a club, this time in Super League with Hull KR, before switching to the union game after appearing for the Barbarians in their autumn internationals.

The move to union has been an unmitigated failure, however, with the powerful Aussie making just one Top 14 appearance for the club after arriving last April, as well as a handful of friendly appearances.

It was a particular disappointment to the Toulon fans, who had huge hopes for the New Zealand-born forward following his high-profile arrival and the rugby betting odds had tipped them for success.

The star-studded squad at Toulon made it hard for Mason to get a chance in the side, although there have been plenty of rumours indicating the often controversial Mason hardly put in enough work to warrant a place in the first-team.

The former Aussie international now has the chance to put his nightmare year behind him after Newcastle Knights snapped the 32-year old up on a deal until the end of the season. Mason has made it clear he is determined to grab his chance at earning a return to the NRL, thanking head coach Wayne Bennett and promising to play a full part in the club.

“I am grateful that Wayne (Bennett) and the club have shown confidence in me and I will not be wasting the opportunity to not only perform on the field but to contribute to the Knights' strong community programmes,” Mason said.

“I am aware that I still have plenty of hard work ahead of me to earn a spot in the NRL team but it is great to be home and playing in front of my family, friends and the Newcastle community.”

Click here for the latest Aviva Premiership betting odds as Harlequins continue their march towards the title.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds

About Bonus Betting

We're here to help you compare the best betting offers, odds, free bets and bonuses.

With strong competition between online bookmakers, it pays to play the field!

Safety and Security

All offers and sites featured at Bonus Betting have secure payment systems and are licensed and regulated in jurisdictions on the UK's 'Whitelist' for online betting sites.

Bet Responsibly

Online betting is best enjoyed in moderation. Never gamble with money you cannot afford to lose.

For advice and information on problem gambling, please visit Gamcare or Gamble Aware.

Over 18s only   GamCare    
© BonusBetting.co.uk 2014