Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Another possible shock result looming?

Another possible shock result looming? 03 Mar 2011 12:30 #1

• Bad Penny
  • Beginner
Pakistan have posted a very modest score indeed....

www.espncricinfo.com/icc_cricket_worldcu...nt/match/433574.html

Re: Another possible shock result looming? 03 Mar 2011 12:46 #2

Out for 184 - this is ridiculous. Hundreds of years of test cricket obviously counts for nothing - the old guard is being decimated.

No-one can afford to be complacent now, it certainly keeps things interesting!

Re: Another possible shock result looming? 03 Mar 2011 12:53 #3

• Bad Penny
  • Beginner
To be honest this poorly programmed World Cup looked like a near month-long diet of minnows being put to the sword. Not so much now...

Re: Another possible shock result looming? 03 Mar 2011 14:17 #4

I only have a casual interest in cricket (still proud of yesterdays heroics) but I am fascinated at the betting swings that seem quite common in the shorter formats. Maybe someone that knows a bit more about the sport could tell me if it'a just one of those things that happens in sport or as seems more likely the bookies are underestimating the underdog to a huge extent. There also seems to be whole sale complacency with the superpowers. Its all good though as it adds some much needed colour and excitement to a sport that can seem boring to outsiders.

Re: Another possible shock result looming? 03 Mar 2011 14:51 #5

• Bad Penny
  • Beginner
Topcorner wrote:
I only have a casual interest in cricket (still proud of yesterdays heroics) but I am fascinated at the betting swings that seem quite common in the shorter formats. Maybe someone that knows a bit more about the sport could tell me if it'a just one of those things that happens in sport or as seems more likely the bookies are underestimating the underdog to a huge extent. There also seems to be whole sale complacency with the superpowers. Its all good though as it adds some much needed colour and excitement to a sport that can seem boring to outsiders.

Cricket is both my preferred viewing sport and betting medium. ODIs and 50-over games always had big momentum swings, but as someone on another forum pointed out, 20-20s are the betting equivalent of crack cocaine. I would never use a conventional bookmaker though; these events are made for the exchanges. And yes, some of the prices can be inflated by perceived momentum. It's usually a question of being on the right side of the momentum swing, or taking a position whereby value can be achieved. That often amounts to predicting near-term events. What price would I make Pakistan if they took a wicket next ball? Work out what you think it should be, and ask for a price in the queue that accounts for that and gives you a slight margin. At least that's one way to play it - there are many others!

Re: Another possible shock result looming? 04 Mar 2011 11:21 #6

• Bad Penny
  • Beginner
No shocks today, just one-sided slaughters. Bangladesh's massive defeat particularly humiliating.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.31 seconds

About Bonus Betting

We're here to help you compare the best betting offers, odds, free bets and bonuses.

With strong competition between online bookmakers, it pays to play the field!

Safety and Security

All offers and sites featured at Bonus Betting have secure payment systems and are licensed and regulated in jurisdictions on the UK's 'Whitelist' for online betting sites.

Bet Responsibly

Online betting is best enjoyed in moderation. Never gamble with money you cannot afford to lose.

For advice and information on problem gambling, please visit Gamcare or Gamble Aware.

Over 18s only   GamCare    
© BonusBetting.co.uk 2014