Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Injured Cech to sit out United Game

Injured Cech to sit out United Game 19 Aug 2011 12:59 #1

Chelsea goalkeeper, Petr Cech, will sit out a month of fixtures, after sustaining an injury to his knee on the training pitch. "Cech fell awkwardly with his weight on top of him", explained Andre Villas-Boas, coach at the London side. The young manager added that Cech had "stretched a ligament" in the joint.

However, despite how painful the accident may have been for Cech, Villas-Boas intimated that the shot-stopper had been fortunate to escape with only four weeks' leave, "we expected much worse when we saw the incident", the former Porto manager explained. Those following the Champions league football betting will be relieved.

Cech, who is notable for wearing a scrum cap, after fracturing his skull in a Premier League game, five years ago, will miss up to six fixtures, due to his hiatus from competition, including a match against Manchester United. Chelsea will play Norwich, Sunderland, and West Bromwich, while Cech is recovering. Those looking at the Betfair Carling Cup betting will be wondering who will stand in for him.

The 6ft 5in goalkeeper is also a doubt for the Czech Republic's upcoming qualifier for Euro 2012, and Chelsea's first Champions League fixture of the 2011/12 season, which will be contested in mid-September. Cech's homeland, the Czech Republic, will tackle Scotland at Hampden Park, Glasgow, in a fortnight's time.

"We will make a full decision on [Cech] on Friday", Andre Villas-Boas continued. "We have two goalkeepers; one will start and the other [will sit] on the bench." Chelsea's second goalkeeper, Henrique Hilario, is likely to replace Cech between the sticks, as has been customary since Carlo Cudicini was sold to Tottenham by the Londoners, in January 2009.

Ross Turnbull, the third goalkeeper at Stamford Bridge, could also make an appearance for the Blues, in the coming weeks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AemiliaJackson

Re: Injured Cech to sit out United Game 15 Sep 2011 21:55 #2

• gbetting
Cech is back quicker than expected Sports Blogger. He played at Sunderland last week. Should be an interesting game against United on Sunday with the home side a decent price in the Premier League odds on their current form.
Last Edit: 16 Sep 2011 05:54 by BonusBetting.

Re: Injured Cech to sit out United Game 30 Aug 2012 20:30 #3

I really want to thank you from my heart. Your post is really very good and you have very good knowledge about the related topic. I love football and you gave me very useful info about this.
Last Edit: 31 Aug 2012 19:23 by AemiliaJackson.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.34 seconds

About Bonus Betting

We're here to help you compare the best betting offers, odds, free bets and bonuses.

With strong competition between online bookmakers, it pays to play the field!

Safety and Security

All offers and sites featured at Bonus Betting have secure payment systems and are licensed and regulated in jurisdictions on the UK's 'Whitelist' for online betting sites.

Bet Responsibly

Online betting is best enjoyed in moderation. Never gamble with money you cannot afford to lose.

For advice and information on problem gambling, please visit Gamcare or Gamble Aware.

Over 18s only   GamCare    
© BonusBetting.co.uk 2014